AÉCSP: Fall elections
The fall elections are approaching fast. As it is the case every year, it is now time to renew some positions. The seats to fill are the following :
7 seats of administrators (type A) on the board of directors:
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department of mechanical engineering
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department of informatics and software engineering
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department of civil, geological and mining engineering
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department of electrical engineering or from the institute of biomedical engineering
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department applied mathematics and industrial engineering
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department of physical engineering or from the department of metallurgical engineering
- Seat prioritized to a student from the department of chemical engineering
For further details on the nature of the seats, please refer to chapter 4 of the general bylaws (règlements généraux : http://www.aecsp.qc.ca/association/reglements-et-politiques/).
The election calendar is as follows:
* Application period : from Wednesday September 13th at 8h to Tuesday September 26th at 16h;
* Campaign period : from Wednesday September 27th at 8h to Tuesday October 3rd at 16h;
* Polls : Wednesday October 4th (10h-19h), Wednesday October 5th (9h-16h) and Friday October 6th (9h-16h).
Applications are done in written form with the submission of the following documents:
* A form that will be available through the Association and signed by ten (10) active members of the AÉCSP from the same program or same category of students as the candidate
* A presentation text (maximum 150 words, French mandatory, English optional);
* A picture of the candidate
Forms will be available starting on Wednesday September 13th 2017 at C-419 (between 9h and 16h). The documents should be submitted before Tuesday September 26th at 16h. The form must be submitted at C-419. If the office is closed, please put the form on the box attached to the door. The picture and the text must be sent by email the electoral committee president at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The text and the picture will be used to present the candidate for the elections. To be considered valid, a candidacy must include all required documents.
The candidate must be an active member of the AÉCSP at the moment of the application and remain one throughout the mandate of an administrator (type A) which starts on November 1st 2017 and finishes on October 31st 2018. A candidate may only be running for one seat and has to be a member of the department they intend to represent. Candidates with valid applications will be contacted by email to confirm their candidacy at the end of the application period.
All expenses must be done within the campaign period. They are financed by the association. They can’t exceed 20$. They must have to be declared to the electoral committee. More details will be given to the candidates. You may send your documents to email@example.com.
The counting of the vote cast will be on Friday October 6th 2017 at C-420. Any contestation should be received before October 11th at 16h.
If you wish to be a part of the elections, or you wish to have more information of the responsibilities pertaining to the seats, you can ask your questions at the association’s office (C-419) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the electoral committee Fall 2017