The fall elections are approaching fast. As it is the case every year, it is now time to renew some positions. The seats to fill are the following :
* the president
* the general secretary
* the treasurer
* the vice-president education
* External affairs coordinator
* Internal affairs coordinator
* Communications coordinator
* Services coordinator
* 4 directors elected by universal suffrage
* One delegate from each graduate studies committee
– Mechanical Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Mineral Engineering
– Electrical Engineering
– Applied mathematics and Industrial Engineering
– Physical Engineering
– Chemical Engineering
– Informatics and software Engineering
– Biomedical Engineering
– Metallurgical Engineering
* One delegate from each category of students
– Students undertaking a research master’s program (M.Sc.A)
– Students undertaking a doctoral program (Ph.D.)
– Students registered in graduate studies but not belonging to the above mentioned
category (D.E.S.S., M.Ing, etc…)
For further details on the nature of the seats, please refer to chapter 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the general bylaws (règlements généraux :
The election calendar is as follows:
* Application period : from 5th April to 19th April 2018;
* Campaign period : from 20th April to 24th April 2018;
* Polls : from 25th April to 27th April 2018; from 10 am to 4 pm.
Applications are done in written form with the submission of the following documents:
* A form that will be available through the Association and signed by ten (10) active members of the AÉCSP from the same program or same category of students as the candidate (for positions on the education council);
* A form that will be available through the Association and signed by ten (10) active members of the AÉCSP from at least 3 different programs (for positions on the executive committee, coordination committee or board of directors);
* A presentation text (maximum 150 words, french compulsory and english optionnal);
* A picture
Forms will be available starting on April 5th, 2018 at C-419. The documents should be submitted before April 24th, 2018 at 4 pm. The form must be submitted at C-419. If the office is closed, please put the form on the box on the door. The picture and the text must be sent by email to:
The text and the picture will be used to present the candidate for the elections. To be considered valid, a candidacy must include all required documents.
The candidate must be an active member of the AÉCSP at the moment of the application and remain one throughout their mandate. A candidate may only be running for one seat and has to be a member of the department they intend to represent. Candidates with valid applications will be contacted by email to confirm their candidacy at the end of the application period.
All expenses related to the elections during the campaign will have to be declared to the electoral committee and all activities or campaign publicity will have to be done during the campaign exclusively. More details will be given to the candidates. You may send your documents to Aecsp.email@example.com.
The counting of the vote cast will be on April 27th 2018 at C-420 at 4.00p.m.
If you wish to be a part of the elections, but you wish to have more information of the responsibilities pertaining to the seats, you can ask your questions at Association’s office (C-419) or send an email to Aecsp.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The electoral committee